Vet-Way Veterinary Field Kits are designed for the safe and effective transport of blood samples from extraction to laboratory presentation. The Category B compliant solution is equipped for sample traceability with sequential barcode numbering on all test tubes.
The latest Vet-Way Veterinary Field Kits contain tubes where the inner wall of the serum tube is specially coated with microscopic silica particles, which activate the coagulation process. Serum separator tubes contain a separation gel in the base of the tube; during centrifugation, this gel forms a stable barrier between the serum and the blood cells. The primary benefit of this separation process is that the lab can sample directly from the tubes which means:
- It reduces the risk of sample handling errors
- Reduces the cost of processing as no aliquot tubes, additional caps or additional barcodes are required
- Less time preparing samples, so testing can be carried out quicker
- Reduced sample storage requirements
- Allows technicians to go back to the original tube to check labelling details in case of a query